Hey guys! Chelsea here from Anderson & Associates. Our team has compiled another list (do you see a pattern going on with the lists thing) of our favorite things to do and places to see in Coweta County! We LOVE Coweta County, I mean love it. We love it so much that we sell houses and land here 😉 We want you to come to Coweta and stay here long enough to see ALL that it has to offer! For those of you that weren’t born and raised here, like me, I had to do a little research on what Coweta County has to offer so that I didn’t end up in a month long Netflix binge! So, here is what we came up with for our FAVORITE go-to’s in Good Ole’ Coweta County!
1. Shop, Eat, and Enjoy the Fun in Ashley Park! Okay, maybe we are a LITTLE biased since we work in this location! But, it has an insane amount of things to do in here! We struggle coming back from our lunch breaks! Ashley Park is the premier, regional open-air center located in Newnan featuring more than 50 upscale shops, restaurants, and a 14-screen Regal Cinemas! You can click here to get more information about all the amazing places Ashley Park has to offer. Don’t forget to stop by the Keller Williams location and say hey to your favorite realtors!
2. Heard of the Walking Dead? If so, you’re one of the 11.4 million viewers that watch the show! Us Cowetans are lucky enough to live within (very close) driving distance to a sight where people come from all over the world to see: The Walking Dead film location right in the heart of Senoia, GA! Let me tell you that Senoia has made a name for itself on its own! It has one of the most beautiful historic downtowns. You can’t help but walk down main street and visit all the shops they have to offer! Not to mention the gorgeous historic homes and buildings that make you feel like you were transported into a century ago! But, once The Walking Dead decided to film here, it boomed even more! If you’re a Walking Dead Fan, or just love the idea of walking back in time down Main Street, you’ll surely want to visit Senoia.
3. Abide Brewery is our local brewery in Coweta County! If you have not been, it’s definitely something you’ll want to check out! In 2013, three locals started the nano-brewery focusing primarily on quality, flavor, and unique techniques of brewing. You can “take a tour and have a pour” every Saturday from 1-4pm and on the last Sunday of the month from 1-4pm. Friendly dogs are allowed and tours are offered upon request!
4. Visit Downtown Newnan and enjoy the many boutiques, shops, and eats that the locals have grown to know and love! There are plenty of restaurants and stores to choose from! Rich in its history dating back to the Civil War, Newnan is known for its historical presence with a “tangible link to the past through its physical structures.” Just driving through and seeing the historic homes is enough to make you fall in love with this town. Every Wednesday from June to October, you can visit our Farmer’s Market and enjoy some fresh fruit, veggies, and flowers! We also have Market Day every 1st Saturday of the month where you can find a variety of handmade, homemade, and homegrown products created by local artisans, artists, and farmers!
5. Like to Get Out in Nature? Believe it or not, we have some amazing trails in Coweta County and the surrounding areas! Here are some of the most popular:
If you’re looking for some more specific places to go around the area, I interviewed our six team members to see where they’re favorite restaurants, hang out spots, and shops were!
Amber: Living in Senoia might make me a little biased, but I do love a good stroll in downtown Senoia! Being a Walking Dead fan, it’s kind of cool to get to see the huge wall used in the series right in the heart of downtown! We have all these great souvenir shops and the cutest boutiques! My boyfriend and I love Maguires (also located in downtown Senoia!) We eat there maybe a little too much! As a fur mom and dad, we love taking our two dogs out for a stroll around some of the lakes in Senoia!
Sarah: Well, I don’t have a favorite place but I do love to explore new and hidden areas by GeoCaching! If you’ve never heard of it then you need to check it out! It’s an app that shows hidden “caches” just about anywhere in the world! You get a set of coordinates and have to find where the items are hidden! You can check out the website here!
Kaylee: My favorite place to go in Newnan? How do I narrow it down to just one?! Being born and raised in Newnan and growing up going downtown all the time, I would have to say its probably one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday. Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat at Rednexican or getting the banana pudding at The Oink Joint only to name a few, there’s always somewhere delicious to eat! I have had a recent obsession with Ellie Mack and Newnan Mercantile lately, just like Aly and Alexis, and I think we help keep that place open! HA! But, I don’t even have to go into a store or restaurant to enjoy being in downtown Newnan, just walking the sidewalks does it for me! I remember skipping down those same sidewalks in the mornings with my dad before he would drop me off at Pre-school at First Baptist Church. With him owning a business downtown, it was always our go-to and still is to this day! Being able to walk into a store or restaurant and see the familiar faces and storeowners is what I love about going to downtown Newnan!
Alexis: There’s plenty to choose from around here but my favorite restaurants are Knife & Stone (Downtown Newnan) and Tomato House (Downtown Senoia). If you want that Atlanta vibe of a small bistro, then these are you go to, especially with their cocktails! I don’t really shop much but when I do, it’s in Ashley Park. They have various stores to choose from, just depends on what you’re looking for! The shops Downtown Newnan & Senoia are definitely worth a look as well. As far as hang outs, my husband and I are more likely seen hanging outside during the Spring/Summer/Fall time. We have a jeep and definitely like to go off-riding with it!
Aly: There is so much to do around town, but I would definitely have to agree with Alexis, Knife & Stone and Tomato House are my favorite spots to dine as well. You can enjoy the Atlanta vibe, but locally. Their food and cocktails are fabulous! I also love to shop! So, if you are looking for a cutesy boutique, Ellie Mack and Newnan Mercantile is your place to go! They are located in Downtown Newnan and have the cutest clothes and home décor around! There is always a familiar face to greet you at the door (the best boutique owners ever!) and help you pick out the cutest new arrivals!
Kelly: I love going on Friday nights to the high school football games for nostalgic purposes! Head to downtown Newnan for that hometown feel. My favorite restaurant would have to be Meat n Greet and the Cellar! They are both delicious! If you’re looking for a good place to shop, Kendra’s is my go-to and all those places happen to be in downtown Newnan!
Chelsea: Being a mom, I’d have to say my favorite places to go are anything kid friendly… so I’ll go over a little bit of those options! Carl Miller Park is wonderful. There’s an area for smaller children and then another playground for the bigger children. There’s also a splash park, there and it’s perfect in the summer time. Grantville also has an awesome splash park that’s only $1.00 to get in for the day and it’s so much fun! I love Cochran Mill and Line Creek Nature Park (even though that’s a little outside of Coweta County.) We also enjoy walking around Ashley Park… particularly the candy stores and ice cream shops interest me 🙂
We hope this helps and encourages you to support your local area and check out these awesome places! Where are your favorite places to go in the Coweta area? Whether you were born and raised here or just moved here, please let us know your favorite spots below! If you’d like our monthly newsletter of everything that’s happening and events in the Coweta and surrounding areas, you can sign up here to have it delivered in your email!